18 May 2009

Plugging IN

It's been some time and I can definitely tell you I've come across a number of interesting sites and articles. So sit back and be ready to click!

**Blogs
--Amos Lanka has been thinking lately; his latest blog encompasses a number of philosophical ideas but mostly commentates on a quote from C.S. Lewis' book, The Great Divorce, "That's what we all find when we reach this country, that we've all been wrong. That's the great joke. There's no need to go on pretending one was right. After that, we begin living." Definitely worth the read.

--Apparently Norfolk, England has created a mock Afghanistan...Aid worker, Harry Rud had a few words to say about it.

--Tyler from Man of Depravity recently had an interesting muse on Church leadership in the Web 2.0 world . The elder and the younger should be learning from each other rather than competing for the top spot in a world of growing technology and even skepticism. 

--Friend and Pastor, Joseph Thompson, talks about similar ideas in the technological world. Ultimately, he says, the message of Cross is timeless despite the method.

**News & Blues
--Fashion is taking a turn...electronically that is. THESE people are adding a little creativity to the idea of strutting your stuff on the runway. 

--Para-gliding through Afghanistan can be challenging, but for some young men, it is a way to find a sense of peace in their war torn country. With a parachute and some gear, THIS group can fly .

--Roland Martin is known to lean to the left in his politics. What I like most about this interview is he's one of the few in the Media sticking up for Miss California's first amendment right, as a journalist, which is REALLY what the whole controversy is about.

**About the Web
-- I'm sure many of you have seen the film that has circled the web with street musicians around the world playing/singing Stand By Me . But if you haven't check it out. I guarantee you, you'll tear up by how amazing the creativity of the video is and how you connect with musicians.

**Film
--I saw the movie Star Trek last week. Proud of me? For not growing up around Sci-Fi, I've certainly grown and appreciation for some of it in the last two. The film made me appreciate the story that much more, which I wasn't as well versed in. The actors made the Trek characters their own rather than being mirror images of the original...I love the fresh spin, the fight scenes and  heroic essence of the story itself. GO see IT!

--I begin filming my first short film documentary this week. I will update how it goes over the weekend. It's going to be interesting for sure. But be ready to see the stories of people's lives who've risen above what was expected of them. 

2 comments:

  1. loved that roland martin article, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure. i agree with him on the point that it's really about free speech. the media should be defending her more....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.