What is her name?
You ask, what? why?
it's a poor unfortunate soul!
No, what is her name?
for she is one - one that will change the world
and today
I will save her life.
There is a people we must recognize. It is those that have less than we do in this great country. It is those that have even less in other countries around the world. And who are we not give? Who are we not to fight for those that cannot fight for themselves?
I believe this is a day to change the world. And are you ready?
The last two weeks have been eventful to say the very least. First off, I learned of a group called "Take it to the Streets." Their goal is to reach their local community in Charleston, South Carolina. They have out-reach events for inner-city children, neighborhood missions and prayer.
Another group I learned of was the Dream Center in downtown Los Angeles. It is head up by Matthew Barnett and they are truly doing amazing things on the streets of LA. They took over an old hospital and have a wing or floor dedicated to so many groups of people- some consist of former drug addicts, others former prostitutes, others....children of crack addicts who have no healthy environment to thrive in. Ironically, there are now other Dream Centers popping up- in New York, Charleston and others.
Finally the Kenya team, I mentioned in a previous blog, returned. They took goats to a village, provided health care, and ministered to hurting people. From what little I know so far, it was amazing. Over the next several weeks, the team photographer will be editing and sharing the life changing pictures from the trip. I, personally, look forward to hearing their stories.
All this to say that I believe it to be so important to remember how each one of us are blessed and that it is the intention of God above for us to turn around and share it w/ others...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.