30 October 2009

A Few Things

Over the past month, the focus of my blogs has been that of the beauty in suffering. Ironically browsing the web has brought me to a few items, worth noting, in tune. Take a look.

--James Nachtwey is a name I have only learned recently. He has been a photojournalist known for his graphic images of war torn and devestating places. His pictures tell and heart-wrenching story, on that I hope will inspire your prayers and activism.

--Relevant Magazine recently addressed how to get through those times when it seems our faith has faded. Perhaps b/c of our society, our job, our relationships, whatever the case may be, neverthless, the concluson was encouraging.

--A young woman in Cuba is living in hiding as she boldly blogs her thoughts about the governement for which she has grown up under. Her words make a strong impact:

"No one knows better the mechanisms of censorship in Cuba that few writers in the national newspapers. The press here has become a profession that requires measurements lurid adjectives, weigh the issues and often hide personal opinion in order to keep a job. It's a life decision to be a journalist from the official media, I know, but I also know some who have been caught in the intricacies of complicity, waiting for that day when they can write what they think."

--And finally friends, i leave you hope in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.