27 December 2009

Christmas Skies, Perfect

I gave the last hug and hopped into the rental. it was a dreary cold day and I was headed to the airport to go home. For as much as I enjoyed the Christmas holiday, I was ready to unpack, retreat and sleep under my own covers.

The weekend felt complete. Driving to the airport, I caught a glimpse of the clouded sky. The sun was trying to peek out, as if to finally say hello on the dark Christmas day. It was beautiful.

After I raced to get the car back, trollied to the ticket counter and stripped for security: i boarded the aircraft with readiness and anticipation. Watching the sunset above the clouds was fascinating. Just seeing it made my insides smile.

*taken from my mobile phone*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.