16 September 2008

Plugging In

**Blogs--
Matt Barnes lives in the UK. His journey as a homeless man is interesting to read. He calls his blog The Hobo Days and updates it whenever he's able to get internet access. Check it out.

Leah Tan wrote a good note on photography copyright.

**Recommended Read--
Currently I am working my way through a book called Under the Overpass. This true story is about two young men, Mike and Sam, who spend five months on the streets of America...by choice. Their goal was not only learn what it really meant to be poor but also to reach out to the homeless as they went. They find themselves discovering what it really means to have faith in dire circumstances...to go hungry, to see the world through the eyes of someone with little. They slept in the streets, ate garbage and wore clothes that got more and more ragged every day. They often played their guitars to panhandle in the streets, sometimes making enough for a meal and bus ticket and other times not a single dime...it is amazing to see how they put themselves out there to learn and be part of life they often brushed passed themselves, everyday. I highly suggest you pick up a copy!! More of my thoughts on this book coming soon....

**Sites for Sore Eyes--
Words Without Borders is an online magazine that brings together literature from around the world. I have often come across exerpts from books and articles that I would not otherwise know about had WWB not existed. Their website updates once a month promoting various events, holidays and writing from all over the globe. This months theme? Reversals.

**Photography--
This week, fellow photographer, Stacie Ann from Minnesota posted an incredibly amazing picture. Not only is the tattoo on the guy's arm beautifully done, but it's message reaches a modern audience. I recommend you check it out. Well done Stacie!

My friend, Amos, has posted some pretty cool pictures of his weekend w/ friends and fellow artists...AND he has also recently been able to display his work in local coffee shop in Hood River, Oregon.

**Video-
And finally, if you didn't catch Tina Fey's marvelous performance as Sarah Palin- here it is:






3 comments:

  1. thanks for the link love, ashley. more photos from the weekend to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Tina Fey...she is perfect for this. Thank you for posting these links...I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amos- sure, no problem!

    Merely Me- I too thought the skit was incredibly well done for both women....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.