It's been a little while- but here we are, at the start of April. I don't know about where you live, but we, in Atlanta, have had our share of spring showers. Though I'm ready for sun & warmth. But in the meantime, while you're cozied in on a rainy day; here are some links around the web to keep you occupied. Enjoy!
**Going Green
-Barack Obama recently held a town-hall forum that was intended to answer the top internet questions. An overwhelming majority wanted to know about the legalization of marijuana. His answer? Well rather- his dismissal frustrated his audience.
--Motorola has come out with the first eco-friendly phone: the W233. It's quite a pretty phone if you ask me. TMobile is the carrier and the phone is fully designed with recycled products- with 9 hours of talk time and the claim that it's "carbon free." Creative idea, in my personal opinion. I wonder, is it worth the $60?
--Green Guide magazine listed the top 25 'green' cities in the United States. I was surprised by a few and so might you.
**Sciencey Things
--Dr. Oz stated on Oprah, and in the presence of Michael J. Fox that the stem cell debate is over. He says embryonic stem cells will not cure Parkinsin's Disease and others. In fact, skin cells will be more reliable. His explination makes sense. But will the scientific/medical world listen? Should they still test embryos for the proof? Interesting times.
--An article in Psychology Today recently talked about why so many Americans keep going back to for scientific volunteer opportunities. Whether it's money or chronic problems or a disparaged mentaility, people are making it a habit to be guinea pigs.
**'Bout the Web
--Did you know that if you take time to browse the web freely at work, you may be up to 9% more effective than your co-workers? I know you've been looking for an excuse anyway.
--Apparently certain "conservative" critics were offended at the showing of the full blue anatomy on Dr. Manhattan- in the graphic novel film, Watchmen. I think they're a bit absurd .
--Why I refuse to Twitter...
--The Escaptist, typically a video game reviewer, did a hilarious rendition review of 50 Cent's latest album. It's worth checking out.
**Blogs
--Joseph Thompson recently wrote a great piece on the 400 years b/t the Old Testament and the New Testament of the Bible. They weren't as silent as you might think.
--Tyler of Man of Depravity wrote an interesting perspective on why he thinks pastors should get in touch w/ the web generation.
**Finally
This week is "Holy Week." Sunday marks Easter- and celebrating the weekend is an amazing one. I leave you with this:
thanks ash. you are awesome.
ReplyDeletesure. no problem, tyler
ReplyDelete