13 April 2009

Wake Up to Monday Morning

Perhaps you have a "case of the Mondays"- for the simple fact that this past weekend was fabulous! Either way- here's a few things to get you jump started.

-The Thorn is an incredible passion play that just finished two weeks of performances, with 70 thousand viewers in 3 cities. I took time to visit South Carolina on Thursday night and it was amazing. Some of the pictures from the performances can be seen HERE.

-There are some that think that the raw passion play "misses the point" - an op ed piece for the Slate.com talks about how such staged plays take on the epic movie or add too much flair. I personally disagree- why? I think my generation is looking for something whole heatedly real, I think performances, such as The Thorn offer that- what really happened during Christ's crucifixion is no light matter and really was a dramatic experience for him- people want to know. But hey, it may not be for everyone.

-Have you met Susan Boyle yet? She looks like an unlikely star. But once again, on Britain's Got Talent, Ms. Boyle has inspired, shocked and touched so many- and it's only her first performance for the show! She's amazing...and terribly cute! I LOVE this! I hope she wins the whole thing!

-Finally, travels to SCarolina proved to be fruitful. It was a 24 hour trip but it was great to get-a-way and re-organize my thoughts. Here are a couple of shots from the weekend and the beautiful beach:

On our way to The Thorn
Richie After The Thorn (Looks like he's praying- wink)
Our two hours on the beach made my nose a bit red, but it was worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Such creative work. I just love the first picture. You have a real talent. We're you able to replace your camera or fix your old one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually in the first picture, that is my new camera. and if you go to my flickr, the newest pix from a recent photoshoot are taken from the new cam.

    thanks, doll. glad you like

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that top photo too yo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes we photographers seem to have a habit of taking shots our taking shots! ha ha...speaking of, leah dear, i look forward to yours arrival. i bought frames the other day! very excited indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.