Susan Boyle rose to fame. We all loved her and cheered her on. But why oh why does the media keep beating the story into the ground? Yes, she graciously lost. Yes, the pressure of international stardom got to her. And what should we do about it? I say, leave her be.
The media continues to analyze her "situation" and in truth they're continuing to bombard her with attention in some capacity.
Dr. Drew noted on Larry King last night that certainly Boyle will do well, with a career and will grow accustomed to the stresses of being in the spotlight. But it's important to remember, he continued- that everyone who goes on reality TV shows should be able to have access to care or treatment or council to get through the stress that a sudden stardom puts on you.
I do think that Miss Boyle is beautiful woman. She brought tears to my eyes. She dreamed all her life of doing something that no one thought she could do. She fulfilled her mother's wish of singing in front of thousands (and in this case millions). She will do well. But she was overwhelmed.
I wish her all the best. Recently Elaine Page (Boyle's icon) said she had invited the BGT singer on her radio show. I'm sure that once she's ready, Susan Boyle will gladly accept.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.