15 November 2008

Documenting the World, Week 1


I love the colors of the fall. I actually began to believe that I would not see them this year as it took so long for the leaves to change and fall to the ground. But here we are, in the middle of November and it's beautiful outside. The air is crisp and moist but not frigid. Cool enough for my sweatshirt, but warm enough to stand outside and take in the misty air. It's been a few days since the sun has shone, but the fog outside still, somehow, gives nature it's glow. 

It's so quiet. I am amazed and how wonderful the silence around me actually sounds. It is as if everything is a peace. The air is calm and I can breathe in the world around me without any sense of rush and desperate necessity. It's fascinating. I anticipate the winter will not be treacherous...simply b/c of how the trees around me look today. The leaves appear chaotic, but they are beautiful and assuring. The array of colors is almost...comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.