Do you remember your first concert? We all have the memory, I'm sure, and I certainly remember mine fairly well. I was about 9-years-old, I think. My mom took me...to see Degarmo & Key, a Christian "pop-rock" band (or were they trying to be "hard-rock") at the Civic Center in Lima, OH for their Heat it Up tour. We sat within about the first 10 rows of the stage and my mother forgot to bring ear plugs. Of course, as a kid, I didn't care. I loved being up-close and I loved it loud. Ha, I still do. And it's true, stacked away, I still have the cassette tape signed by Dana Key. And hey, what can I say, Eddie Degarmo's "key-tar" was a hit! It seemed like both men disappeared after that album, but in fact, they both became producers for their own music labels in the 90s and recorded solo albums (none of which I ever listened to). Nevertheless, the memory jarred my brain when I saw an article saying that Dana Key had died at the age of 56, may he rest in peace. And for good measure, enjoy...ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.