05 June 2010

Thinking Blank

Sitting at Starbucks, this morning, and everything seems oddly quiet. True there are people talking, music jamming and Navy aircraft overhead, but still, my mind feels still, almost blank. I took the long way around to get here- Scenic Highway, so conveniently named and no, I did not bring the camera. Perhaps I simply did not want to think about what shot to take, or where to stop for one. Enjoying the ride felt more appropriate...and now I am here. The silence I am experiencing seems frustrated: it is as if I am wanting to think of something or perhaps a few things, and yet I also want to feel peace in the silence. Neither exists, right now, alas, I keep writing.

The irony it seems, is that I keep waiting for something, but what I cannot be sure. It seems that this is simply my state of mind, despite the fact that there is no practical noun to be waiting for. Is it possible for the subconscious mind to merge itself into the conscience during moments of absolute awareness? Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.